It’s easy to make a margarita mocktail with some citrus fruits and a simple syrup. This non-alcoholic margarita is made with fresh orange, lime and lemon juice and is delicious.
You will love this easy virgin margarita recipe. It’s a perfect choice if you don’t drink alcohol, have guests that don’t drink alcohol, or if you are simply fancy a tasty drink to enjoy. I highly recommend that you give it a try.
Margarita Mocktail Ingredients
- Lime juice
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Agave syrup or other liquid sweetener
- Sparkling water or soda water
- Coarse salt for the glass
How to make This Margarita Mocktail (Virgin Margarita)
This is a really easy drink to make.
Each mocktail margarita is made with around 4 tbsp or orange juice, 2 tbsp of lime juice and 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
To make each drink you first need to squeeze the appropriate amount of juice from the three citrus fruits. Depending on how many drinks you are making you may have to multiply the juice amounts for each fruit. Quantities don’t need to be exact, it doesn’t make too much difference if you have a little more of one juice and a little less of the other.
How Much Juice Each Orange, Lime and Lemon
I found that that I could get the following amounts of juice from each fruit:
- 1 orange – around 10 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 lime – around 3 to 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 lemon – around 5 to 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
These quantities will depend on what size your fruits are and how good your extraction method is but this should be a useful rough guideline.
Add the lime juice, orange juice and lemon juice to a bowl or jug along with the agave syrup (or alternative liquid sweetener). You can also mix these in a cocktail shaker if you have one handy.
Add some some margarita salt or course sea salt to a small plate. Then take cut a notch in a lime and rub around the rim of the glass. Then dip the rim of the glass into the salt and move it around until the rim of the glass is coated with salt.
Then add the mixed juice and sweetener to your glass and top with sparkling water or soda water. Give a the glass a little stir, then add some extra lime in the form of one or two lime slices and some ice. If you’re making a full pitcher you can add everything to the the pitcher.
Variations to this margarita mocktail recipe
You can experiment with some other citrusy fruit juices such as pineapple juice. (although pineapple is not a citrus fruit, it does have a similar acidic tangy taste).
Some recipes add a jalapeño simple syrup to their virgin margaritas to give them a bit of a spicy kick. Although I have not tried this, it is something I will certainly do if I can get my hands on some jalapeño simple syrup.
Sparkling water and soda water can be used in place of each other.
You can use a different sweetener such as maple syrup in place of agave syrup, or even a fine sugar. You can also adjust the sweetness according to tastes.
Margarita Mocktail – A Delicious Non-Alcoholic Cocktail
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp agave syrup (or other sweetener)
- Sparkling water (or soda water)
- coarse salt
- Squeeze the required amount of each juice.
- Add the juices to a jug or cocktail shaker along with the agave syrup
- Mix together or shake with the cocktail shaker
- Add some coarse salt to a plate. Cut a wedge in a lime and rub the lime along the rim of the glass. Dip the glass into the coarse salt to salt the edges.
- Add the mixed juice and sweetener to a glass and top up with soda water or sparkling water
- Give a little stir then add some lime slices and ice to serve.